We want to make sure you have a great visit to Monk Park Farm, and we take your safety and health seriously, so please follow these guidelines closely when visiting us…
Hand Washing – Important!
Unfortunately all animals carry germs which can make you very ill, but any risk of infection can be minimised with thorough hand washing using soap and warm water.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after touching any animals on the farm.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after you have touched fences or other surfaces in animal areas.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water before eating and drinking.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after removing dirty shoes or boots that have been worn on the farm.
- Supervise children closely to ensure they wash their hands thoroughly.
- Only eat and drink in picnic areas or cafés.
- Avoid touching or feeding any animal if you think you may be pregnant.
- Don’t put hands on faces, or fingers in mouths, while petting animals or walking around the farm.
- Don’t kiss farm animals or allow children to put their faces close to animals.
- Don’t eat or drink while touching animals or walking around the farm. This includes eating sweets, crisps or chewing gum.
- Don’t eat anything that’s fallen on the floor.
- Don’t use gels or wipes instead of washing hands with soap and water. Gels and wipes do not remove all germs which can be present in dirt.
Teachers and Parents Must…
- Supervise their children at all times.
- Supervise their children while washing hands to ensure correct washing practice.
- Extra care must be taken near our ponds and water courses.
- When feeding animals, use a flat, open hand.
Cuts & Grazes
- Cover any cuts or grazes with a plaster. Keep away from animal droppings and wash your hands straight away.
Please Do Not…
- Pick up or throw any stones.
- Pick up any plants or flowers whilst at Monk Park Farm.
- Feed animal feed bags to the pet lambs.
- Feed any picnic food to the livestock.
- Put fingers into cages or through cage bars.
- Allow children to walk around Monk Park Farm unsupervised.
- Kiss animals.
- Climb or run as this leads to accidents.
- Squeeze any animals – they will bite!
- Chase or frighten any of the animals – they might bite if scared!
- Smoke in any of the buildings.
Thanks for reading these safety guidelines. We hope you have a brilliant and safe visit to Monk Park Farm!